Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I still love you

You called me when I was in office just to say Hi, How are you! and the conversation went somehow and I referred my crush on you. You were soo surprised and I asked why not? That is how it started! so beautiful so innocent. The sweet sms messages we shared. I loved it when you called me your sweetheart. You found me a home to rent. You gave me silver diyas for my pooja room. It was so much fun looking for a home with you. Soo funny we were talking about the poster with 81 baby pictures on it and wanted 81 children of our own.

Our first hug, our first kiss! Until then I never knew weakness in knees. Hell what! I fell down on my knees at your feet after you kissed me so earnestly! I was overcome with the emotion. Just knowing how much you love me!

I was sleeping with my dilapidated photo album with my family pictures I hold dearest. I dont know when you noticed. The next day when I woke up I had all my photographs neatly arranged in a brand new photo album. How can I ever forget your kindness, your love, your sensitivity and passion? That night in the car - you went down on one knee and asked "Will you marry me?"

As I write, the tears well in my eyes. I was scared, I was so happy, I was uncertain. Hell, I lost you! I gave you hell for the love you gave me. Granted, I was young, foolish, scared about things that could have been easily changed but in retrospect. I wish I had guidance. I wish I never let you go.

It is 6 years! and I still LOVE you. Its okay if you hate me, I still love you.

I imagine, if only..................

Sorry, forgive me,,, words don't come easily! like sorry!!!
Baby can I hold you tonight
Baby if I told you the right words, at the right time - you would be mine!!

The 6th song on the tape is what I asked you to listen to let you know I love you.
Its 6 years now and I imagine, if only...........



1 comment:

Rupesh Agarwal said...

Vani,

I dont know what to say. Atleast u have the courage to accept it was ur mistake. Some people are so sure and to not see what they did wrong.. keep blaming the other side for everything..

and if ever they realise.. its already too late.

i did a mistake too once. accepted it. tried to correct it. but then i realised. one person alone cannot sail the boat safe to the shore.. it has to be all hands together making it possible..

nice to see u come back to writing. :) :)

extremely well written.

Cheers!
Rup